JSPS Fellow (日本学術振興会 特別研究員 (PD)
• Ph.D. (Chemistry) May 2015, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India
(Research Supervisor: Prof. Bhalchandra M. Bhanage)
• Research Fellow: Oct. 2012 – Dec. 2013, Regensburg University, Germany
(Research Supervisor: Prof. Oliver Reiser)
• M. Sc. (Organic Chemistry) May 2008, University of Pune, India.
• Postdoctoral Fellow: Nov. 2015 – April 2017, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Korea
(PI: Prof. Sukbok Chang)
• 2018 JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship by ‘Japan Society for Promotion of Science’.
• 2012 DAAD Fellowship by ‘German Academic Exchange Service’, Germany.
• 2011 Indian Chemical Society Presentation Award.
1. Diboron-Catalyzed Dehydrative Amidation of Aromatic Carboxylic Acids with Amines
D. N. Sawant, D. B. Bagal, S. Ogawa, S. Kaliyamoorthy, and S. Saito* Org. Lett., 2018, 20, 4397−4400.
2. Visible light sensitization of benzoyl azides: Cascade cyclization toward oxindoles via a non-nitrene pathway
D. B. Bagal, S. W. Park, H.-Ji Song, and S. Chang* Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 8798-8801.
3. Trifluoromethylchlorosulfonylation of alkenes: Evidence for an inner sphere mechanism by a copper
phenanthroline photoredox catalyst.
D. B. Bagal, G. Kachkovskyi, M. Knorn, T. Rawner, B. M. Bhanage and O. Reiser*
Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 6999-7002; Angew. Chem. 2015, 127, 7105-7108.
4. Recent advances in transition metal catalyzed hydrogenation of nitriles.
D. B. Bagal and B. M. Bhanage* Adv. Synth. Catal. 2015, 357, 883-900.
5. An efficient and heterogeneous recyclable palladium catalyst for chemoselectiveconjugates reduction of
α,β-unsaturated carbonyls in aqueous medium.
D. B. Bagal, Z. Qureshi, K. P. Dhake, S. R. Khan and B. M. Bhanage* Green Chem., 2011, 13, 1490-1494.